29 March 2007

I recommend…

This is a section I really want to share with everyone. A book I’ve read, a tune that sticks in the head, a restaurant, a play, exhibition… anything worth checking out!!

This week (well let’s pretend it’s pretty much the first week I’m in Madrid, I know I started writing this blog up way too late!!) my suggestion goes for a book that my friend Pedro Leal said I would live to read. And he was right!! It was one of my favourite books! Not only I identified with the ‘hero’ in it, but since the ‘action’ happens most of the time in LA I was pretty acquainted with the places mentioned and the lifestyle. The style of writing is brilliant, very smooth and easy to ready, intelligently funny, cheeky and sharp!

Oh! And it’s about picking up girls…. But there’s more to it, much more!

I call it The Bible:

The Game’ by Neil Strauss


On the music side, 3 great tunes:

‘Eurodans’ by Todd Terje, awesome eurotrash sorta electropop housy style (lol)

‘Give it to me’ by Timbaland, J. Timberlake and Nelly Furtado, what a trio!

Negociantes’ by Sam the Kid, one of the best Portuguese hip hopsters at the moment

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Manolito said...

empresta-me o livro!!ok?Manuel