30 May 2007

Birthday Celebrations Continue

Madrid and Milan weren't enough. There had to be more.

Not the best of news, my Dad was feeling ill and I felt he needed some support. After family consultations and discussions, I made sure I would fly over to L.A. and give him some support.

And so I did. 1 week, Stop-over: London.

5hrs in London waiting in transfer... as if!

After some careful time calculations, I decided to meet up at a pub on the same tube line as Heathrow with some friends back from uni and other Portuguese immigrants who really are scattered all over the world. A quick couple of pints and sausage and mash whilst catching up with some of your best buds, what else can you want??

I was really impressed to see such a big turn up (around 15!) at such an early time for a Sunday morning!


Cheers guys, it was awesome.

Then off to L.A. Spent a lot of time with my Dad and that was great. It really felt good. And he his feeling better. I was able to see most of my family too, including my cousins.
Once again, these bastards made sure I had a good time...

Went to Belmont, Day After, Area and a Persian - Jewish engagement party, all in just one week... L.A. at it's best!

Check this out, it happened the day before I went surfing to this same beach:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB9mxYliuMo

I got back to Madrid, cheeky dinner at Maison Blanche with uncles who were visiting, and next day, official opening of Le Marquis, crazy...




Saturday, off to Lisbon. Was going to work Monday and Tuesday, visiting a food fair and having meetings, but the price was the same as flying out on Saturday, and the 'computer' said yes.

Nonstop. Went surfing 3 times, cool dinner with friends then on to Lux, sushi @ Estado Liquido with great company, and saw Sporting Lifting the Cup at Jamor!



No comments: